Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what I've been up to...


So since Jason and Deanna got married I was feeling a bit lost in the craft department. I mean come on! There was nothing else I could think of to make that didn't involve weddings, I blame it on myself really, it was all the wedding blogs I just couldn't tear myself away from.......and still can't! But now I have a reason to read them because both Gretchen and Sissy are engaged!!!!! I'm very excited about both and now I have little something to work with. Although Gretchen and Chris's wedding is basically planned and ready to roll, I'm not doing much crafting for that wedding, just helping the week before with the handmade touch. I'll be helping with arranging flowers, carving pumpkins (which all flowers and pumpkins are coming from our family farm!) and general rounding of decor and goodness. I'm hoping for sissy's wedding I'll be doing more crafting, I'm sure that she's got a list of things she already wants to work on seeing as how she is an amazing quilter.

Anyway, the point of this was to tell you that in between weddings Jason's sister Brianne married her boy Mike. I was really surprised when Brianne asked me to make custom table runners for the even. I thought it would be awesome so I said yes! Let me just tell you making 17 custom table runners from scratch and then monograming each twice started to make me fucking crazy, but in the end I finished! And the most important part was that both the bride and groom really enjoyed them! I also make Brianne's garter from V-tech colored ribbon and I have to say it turned out to be the best garter I've ever made, sadly it'll have to remain a mystery because I don't have a photo.

After all that work you can imagine that I was thrilled to hear the buzz around the reception room about the runners. The guests were very kind! So after that it was time to get down on the dance floor! Deanna and I love to dance so I will leave you with this:
Doesn't it look like I'm trying to fight Deanna?! Best darn photo ever!
And then this one is very precious! It's Deanna's mother, Sue, then Deanna, Her mother-in-law Kathy and then Me! We were a bunch of party animals, let me tell you. All of the photos were taken by the amazing Jason Collins of Delirious Photography...you should hire him!

No comments:

Post a Comment