Sunday, August 23, 2009

Band of Outsiders


(found and the band of outsiders blog here)

Never have I ever wanted to try my hand at mens wear until  I spent a few hours shifting around the Band of Outsiders blog and website. I mean don't get me wrong, I've been an admirer for a while of this line, but you know once I get an idea in my head.... well shit just goes from there. I was just telling Julia that I really wanted to make a blazer for myself this fall/winter. It is pretty much my ultimate project, but now I'm so high on mens wear that I can't stop thinking about an amazing 3 piece charcoal suit. Oh god, just this about it for a minute...let it simmer... DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT NOW?! It's like trying crack. Now don't get me wrong, I totally understand that this task is unbelievably out of my sewing talent. It's the kind of project I aspire to complete, but leave behind halfway through. I've made a vest before, so I think that'll be a piece of cake. The pants could be tricky, however I've made pants before. The Blazer? God only knows how shitty that would turn out, but I'm ready for the adventure, I mean what else am I going to do once the wedding is over? So come on tell me this is a terrible idea, but that I should try it for the hell of it!   

2 comments:

  1. Do it!! I am sure you could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it, Katie!! You're, like, the queen of the sewing world right now.

    ReplyDelete