Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's like a brand new couch!


The before couch that I've had for a few years and the pictured cat has destroyed. It's comfy and it pulls out into a full sleeper, which my dad really loves to sleep on. Weird I know. Anyway I really wanted something that looked more adult than college student and decided, Why not try to re-cover it myself? So I hailed Jenny for a cut of yellow twill and started on it! Here's what it looks like now: 

Doesn't it look like a brand new Ikea couch?! And I really like the way it looks in our new grey living room.I'm totally in love with it! I mean sure there are some mistakes and it's not perfect, but no one really notices them anyway. Also I only spent $43! CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THAT! I am just thankful that it turned out so nicely, it was certainly an adventure!

4 comments:

  1. WHOA!

    looks awesome. now all you need are some hot gray patchwork pillows for that shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys! I think I'm going to try to find some fairly ugly floral print to recover one of the chairs, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, found this sweet pillow tutorial for the new couch!

    http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2009/09/17/gather-up-pillow-free-pattern-download/

    ReplyDelete